Positive About Disabled People
Wellbeing Care is a proud member of the Disability Confident scheme.
The Disability Confident scheme run by government aims to help employers make the most of the opportunities provided by employing disabled people. It is voluntary and has been developed by employers and disabled people’s representatives.
Aims and objectives
Through Disability Confident, we are working with employers to:
- Challenge attitudes towards disability
- Increase understanding of disability
- Remove barriers to disabled people and those with long term health conditions in employment
- Ensure that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations
Finding the best people is essential for any organisation. Over 7 million people (17.5%) of working age in the UK are disabled or have a health condition.
By recruiting and retaining disabled people and people with health conditions for their skills and talent it helps us discover someone the business just can’t do without. It can benefit out business by:
- Enabling us to draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- Enabling us to secure high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- Saving time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover
- Helping us keep valuable skills and experience
- Reducing the levels and costs of sickness absences
- Improving employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that us treat all employees fairly.
By building a reputation as a Disability Confident employer that actively seeks out and hires skilled disabled people, we will be helping to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures, not just in our immediate business but in our networks, supply chains, and the communities around us.