The Dell Care Home
Are you an experienced senior care professional seeking the next step in your care career?
Or are you currently a Deputy Manager looking for a new challenge?
We are recruiting for a full time Deputy Manager to support the Registered Manager in all functions of running a well-established, 39 bedded Residential Home in the heart of Oulton Broad.
You will be a confident, friendly and dedicated care professional, with at least 5 years’ experience working within an adult care setting at a senior level.
As Deputy Manager, you will work closely with the Home Manager in the successful day-to-day running of the home. You will be committed to providing excellent care to residents and support to families and staff. You will be confident and able to run the home in the manager’s absence and lead the care team at a supervisory level.
The role of the Deputy Residential Home Manager will include:
- Support and deputise for the Home Manager in their absence
- Delegate and lead the care team
- Maintain accurate care records in line with legislative requirements
- Assist with the management of financial planning within the home
- Promote and maintain a high standard of care and lead by example
- Assist where required with the effective induction and training of staff, supervisions and mentoring of new staff
- Maintain care standards in line with the latest guidelines and regulations, whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures
- Undertake training and CPD to aid development of the role and best practice
Skills/ Qualifications required of the Deputy Residential Home Manager:
- At least 5 years’ experience at a supervisory level in a similar care environment
- Passion for the support and care of the elderly and those with dementia
- Proven ability to lead and supervise a team
- Have a clear and thorough knowledge CQC standards
- L3 Diploma in Health and Social Care desirable
- Competitive salary
- 28 days Annual leave
- Private Healthcare
- On-going Training and Support
- Well established management team
Day Care Assistant
Day Care Assistant
* Flexible, depending on the needs of the business
* 25 – 40 hours per week
* Various Day and Night Shifts Available
* To look after the physical, emotional, cultural and social needs of the Clients using a person-centred approach
* To observe and promote the Client’s choice, independence, dignity, privacy, fulfilment and other rights
* To create and maintain good professional relationships with Clients, their family and friends and other stakeholders
* To actively support other Care Workers
* To adhere to all regulatory and statutory obligations and our policies, procedures and guidelines
* To actively market Dell Care Home and promote a positive, personal and professional profile, ensuring the good reputation of Dell Care Home at all times
* To provide personal care and support to Clients with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities
* To know and understand the care and support of the Client
* To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client’s care and support plan using a person-centred approach and in the least intrusive way
* To encourage the independence and motivation of the Client and not foster dependent behaviour
* To provide input into the care and support plans of Clients by regularly feeding back to the Field Care Supervisor
* To assist Clients getting up in the morning and going to bed at night
* To assist Clients to wash, bath and shower
* To assist Clients to dress and undress
* To assist Clients to look after their skin, teeth, hair and nails
* To assist Clients with toileting, continence management and personal hygiene
* To assist Clients with their medication at the agreed level of support and as detailed in their Medication Care Needs Assessment
* To prepare food and drink for the Client, being aware of the Client’s choice, likes/dislikes, nutritional needs and cultural requirements
* To provide light general household domestic duties, including housework and laundry, as detailed in the care plan or instructed by Management
* To use manual handling equipment safely and correctly
* To take responsibility for the safe handling of property and equipment belonging to the Client
* To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with Clients
* To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and listening to them about their interests
* To help the Client to maintain contact with their family and friends
* To accompany the Client on trips into the community
* To assist the Client to manage their personal affairs
* To ensure as safe as possible the living environment for the Client, whilst respecting the Client’s choice and rights
Recording and Reporting
* To maintain detailed accurate records in respect of care and medication support given and tasks undertaken
* To regularly read care and support plans, acknowledging changes
* To protect the confidentiality of all information relating to the Client and not divulge information to anyone who is not authorised to receive it
* To promptly report to the office or Out of Hours Care Coordinator any issues concerning the care, support, well being or behaviour of the Client and update records accordingly
* To continue to monitor where concerns have been reported and recorded
* To recognise the signs of abuse and immediately report abuse or suspected abuse to a Manager
* To report any complaints to the office or Out of Hours Care Coordinator
* To contact the office or Out of Hours Care Coordinator if running late
* To dress appropriately, wearing uniform and using personal protective equipment provided by Dell Care Home
* To seek out best practice and look at innovative ways to improve the quality and efficiency of service delivery
* To attend and participate in regular Care Worker team meetings and any other relevant meetings
* To attend in-house and external training pertinent to the role of Care Worker
* To ensure completed weekly timesheets are submitted on time
* To observe all health & safety rules and take reasonable care to promote health and safety of self and others and raise any concerns to the Field Care Supervisor
* To aim to ensure everyone has equal treatment and equal access to services and employment
* Any other duties requested by Senior Management, which are within the scope of the post
Special conditions attached to post
* Flexible working, as night, evening and weekend work is required
* Own transport
* NVQ Health and Social Care – Level 2 or 3
The key responsibilities:
* To have and maintain Kitchen Assistant skills at current level and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain that currency of practice (including the requirement to undertake training in Basic Food Hygiene and Health and Safety).
* To provide assistance in the provision of meal preparation (including the safe handling of fresh and cooked food) and safe storage methods in accordance with company procedures and Environmental Health (Food Safety) standards.
* To maintain the catering premises in a hygienic state
* To assist in maintaining any records required for the effective running of the catering operation.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such duties as may reasonably be required).
Please note that salary is based on the agreed hours, for details please message us with you Cv.
If you’d like to join our dynamic team then please apply for the following position, don’t forget to mention why we should hire you!
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Salary / Wage: Salary is based on experience
* Management of Health and Safety
* Day to Day Maintenance around the cottage
* Reporting faults
If you’d like to join our dynamic team then please apply for the following position, don’t forget to mention why we should hire you
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send your CV with the application form to:
The Dell Care Home
45 Cotmer Road
Mail : email@example.com
Please enter the following information to Download our Employment Application form.
Please note that due to the laws set out by the National Care Standards commission all applicants must have a valid work permit for the UK and either posses or be willing to undergo a C.R.B Check before being considered for the position.